I knew what I had to do, however, since I steamed, seamed and washed the shirt, I dragged my feet to change it. I even desperately thought, I can try it again on her, but then came to my senses. I went to Yarniverse, to get ideas from the ladies. One mentioned that the bound off edge was too tight, and I had to do it with larger needle. (i already did that btw). The other mentioned that I needed to add buttons. For some reason, it’s always really easy to put baby shirts with shoulder buttons. Even with their onesies. I liked the idea, however, never had to knit anything with a shoulder button… It was kind of painful to find the ends of the yarn. I hid them pretty well, I guess. And summer tweed doesn’t frog very easily. It loses it’s shape and form immediately. Then half-way, I thought, how the ribbon would work with the buttons. After all, each time I had to put it on, I would have to take the ribbon off… I like functional and practical clothes for myself and my babies. With twin infants re-threading a ribbon each time is out of the question… So here’s the end result… and my husband and I decided that different color buttons are also cute! (should I also add, I didn’t have matching pairs)
My daughter wore it for one of our employee’s birtday party. And we got great compliments!!